Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Robin: Lady of Legend by R. M. ArceJaeger

I've read and seen several spin-offs of the classic tale of Robin Hood so this particular book didn't strike me as particularly unique. Plenty of the Robin Hood spin-offs take one of the main characters (be it Will, John, or Robin) and change them a bit, commonly by making one of them a girl. This book is no different, making Robin a girl disguised as a boy for safety reasons. I found the characters to be pretty charming though somehow I doubt that Robin could have randomly had the skills needed to survive alone in the wild (namely her house-building skills. ArceJaeger pretty much just skipped over the difficulty of that which I think is kind of a glaring error). I appreciated that there wasn't really a love triangle, something that is all too often present in these stories. I really can't think of much else to say other than that I enjoyed the book but it wasn't particularly spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment