Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

Let's see. How to describe this book... I suppose you might classify it as a paranormal romance. Or maybe just straight up fantasy. Though it is in our modern world so I'm leaning towards paranormal romance. Anyway, despite all the terrible creations that genre has been producing in the last, oh, 5 years or so, this is most wonderfully not one of those. The story is about Becca, a senior in high school who has suffered from bullying and, as such, is widely considered an absolute tramp around school. But the story begins (well, after the obligatory intro of course) when she saves Chris Merrick from two attackers who are beating him to a pulp in the high school parking lot. Fun! She drags him home to a not-so-nice welcome from his 3 brothers. Thus begins her involvement with the Merricks. Being vital to the story, of course the Merricks possess some... unusual talents. And Becca, as the main character, of course winds up getting involved in their problems. Onto the review!
Well, what can I say? I absolutely adored this book. Yes, I know these paranormal romances are usually really lame and cheesy, but in this case the characters were well developed, the plot was interesting, and the romance was not totally unrealistic and stupid. So, hey. Right there you've already got a way-above-average paranormal romance. While, yes, it did have the whole love triangle going for it, it just somehow wasn't really all that bothersome: surprising, since a lot of the time it irritates the heck outta me. I think I'm addicted to this author's books. Thank goodness this is a series! I don't know what I'd do if it weren't! Hopefully the rest will be just as good. I think they're from different perspectives so that in itself seems promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment