Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Spark by Brigid Kemmerer

This is the sequel to Storm, following Chris' brother Gabriel (the fire twin. I personally think their names should be switched. The name Nick just seems a lot more fitted to Gabriel's personality) and the continuing struggles with the family's abilities. If you liked Storm, I guarantee that you'll like Spark as well. I appreciate that this book was about Gabriel because honestly, after the first book I was feeling like he was a total jerk. This helped explained some of that--taking the usual personality approach to characters associated with fire. Namely, short-tempered, frustrated, trouble-causing individuals. I feel sure that the author consulted some twins for this book (though she is kind of a character genius anyway compared to many authors) because, as a twin, I can say that their relationship was pretty spot on. I was extremely happy to discover that the quality of the book was no less than the first and was different enough from the first book that the romance didn't seem like a total copy. I don't really have anything else to add except my frustration that I have to wait until June for the next book to come out. This time from Hunter's perspective (which is totally necessary at this point).

No comments:

Post a Comment